TERMS AND INSURANCE
We like to make things as simple and as easy as possible for you. From the booking process to the operation of the camper to the terms and conditions, we aim for simplicity and honesty. With regards to insurance, there are 2 things to consider when renting a Campervan in British Columbia:
- Damage to the Campervan.
- Liability Insurance.
1) Damage to the Campervan
Campervan Insurance is not included in the cost of the rental.
Th renter is responsible for any damage caused to the Campervan.
For your peace of mind, we do offer:
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
This costs only $9/Day and reduces the Campervan liability (or excess) to $0
Unlike other operators, our CDW also covers the windshield and tires.
2) Liability Insurance
This is to protect you against 3rd party claims if you injure a person or damage someone elses property.
Basic Statutory limits for liability and property damage is included in the Campervans daily rate.
If your own travel insurance does not include liability cover to US$1,000,000, we can offer this to you for an additional $12.25/day.
This Liability Insurance is called ‘Supplementary liability Insurance’ (SLI) and is completely optional.
The SLI component is managed by our Insurance Company and we have no control over the Daily rate they will charge. This may fluctuate up or down by a few dollars and you will have the option of the current price at pick up. The price paid at pick up will not change. If selected, the SLI is payable for each full or partial day.
Unlike other operators, We do not make additional Insurance compulsory and we do not push the various options on you.
It’s entirely your decision which combination suits your budget, peace of mind level and also any other Travel Insurance you may have already purchased.
You do not need to decide which option suits you best now. We will explain any queries you have at the time of Campervan collection and you can decide at pick up if you want to take extra insurance or not.
U.S. and CANADIAN Residents:
If you are a U.S. or Canadian resident with a valid driver’s license from either country and you have automobile insurance that provides full coverage for rental vehicles (including minivans), you may have coverage for our Campervans. Please check with your insurance company prior to pickup of rental vehicle. You will need to decline our CDW and SLI options and you will be responsible for making a claim through your insurance company. Please supply us with your insurance information at the time of Campervan collection.
LetsGo! CAMPERS strive to create a great reputation for having very friendly and transparent Campervan rental terms, conditions and Insurance with a ‘No hidden costs’ policy.
- Minimum age to hire a campervan
You must be over 21 Years old and have a full valid drivers license.
- Insurance for campervans and liability Insurance
We pride ourselves in having very easy to understand Insurance terms, See the GFAQ section for all the details.
- Reservations: A deposit is required at the time of reservation. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. Full payment for the rental fee and any additional equipment, excess reduction or mileage package is then required upon collection of the vehicle.
- Rates calculation: Rates are calculated as per night. Where a rental crosses into another season, the rate will split to allow for the new season rate.
- Payments: Payment must be made in Canadian Dollars in cash, MasterCard or Visa. There are no credit card charges.
- Cancellations: If the confirmed campervan booking is cancelled within 5 Days after the booking has been made, we will refund your deposit in full.(This does not apply with pick ups within 14 days of booking)
If the confirmed campervan booking is cancelled after 5 Days of booking, we will offer a credit of $200 towards a future reservation. (does not apply to specials running)
If the confirmed campervan booking is cancelled within 14 Days of pick up, an additional 20% cancellation fee will be charged on top of the non refundable deposit.
If the Confirmed booking is cancelled within 2 days of pick up, or there is a no show, we will charge full balance for the rental.
- Vehicle upgrades: LetsGoCampers reserves the right to upgrade your booked Campervan model. There would be no additional charge for an upgrade.
- Accessories: Failure of LetsGo Campers to provide reserved accessories does not allow the cancellation terms to be null and void. Accessories ordered cannot be cancelled on the day of pick up and must be paid for.
- Booking amendments: It is possible to extend your rental without incurring a fee subject to availability.
It is possible to shorten your rental within 21 Days of pick up. Shortening a rental will be quoted as a new rental and will be subject to availability and calculated at the retail rate with any current specials not applicable.
- Driver’s License/Proof of Identification: All drivers must hold a valid driver’s license for the entire rental period, plus have a major credit card. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive the Campervans . (We only require the plastic part for UK licenses)
- US Citizens. If you are a US Citizen, when you collect your Campervan, you must bring with you a recent Utility bill to show proof of address and also your passport.
- Insurance-Exclusions :
The renter is fully liable for any damage to the the Campers or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- If the driver is does not hold an appropriate driver’s licence.
- Damage to the campervan is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on unsealed or restricted roads or restricted areas.
- Water submersion or saltwater damage occurs.
- Vehicle Pick Up and Drop Off: Vehicles are available for pick up between 11am and 4.30pm and must be returned by 10:00 a.m. on the agreed drop-off date. A full-day rental charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 1 hour late. No refunds
will be granted for shortened rentals. There are no refunds for late pick up or early return of vehicles.
- Minimum and Maximum Rental Period : There is no maximum rental period.
Our website quotes a minimum 3 day rental. The longer you rent for, the cheaper it gets. The discount is built into the quote automatically.
- Mileage: You have 3 options when you book your trip.
1) Stay with our standard mileage included with the rental of 100 miles/day (This is averaged over your trip)
The cost of additional miles is 25 cents per mile.
2) Purchase an additional 100 miles for $15/Day (giving you a total of 200 miles/day)
The cost of additional miles is 25 cents per mile for mileage greater than 200 miles per day averaged over your trip.
3) You can purchase unlimited miles at the start of your trip for only $19 per day.
- Road Restrictions: Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and ‘off road’ areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result
of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating LetsGo Campers vehicles in these areas. LetsGo’s insurance protection will also be null and void. The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico, Baja California and Alaska.
- Death Valley between the dates 1st May and 30th September.
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road)
- Any off-road areas (dunes, Salt plains, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.)
- The Burning Man festival unless prior permission has been given and the grooming fee has been paid.
- LetsGo Campers are a smoke free zone.
- No pets are allowed in the vehicles (except designated Service Dogs)
- All passengers must use seatbelts while vehicle is in motion.
- Lets Go Campers does not accept any liability for any injuries incurred to passengers travelling in the back of the vehicle and/or while not using seat belts.
We look forward to seeing you On the Island!